Like each year, we analysed consumer feelings towards the Christmas season by looking into what they shared on Twitter.
For Christmas 2014, we found certain key elements present:
- Even when we discard Twitter accounts managed commercially and automatic accounts that generate lots of noise, Christmas remains a major theme for French Twitter users.
- Christmas starts with the preparations. Notably, according to women, who site their Christmas dress as an obligatory purchase for the festive season
- High-tech devices remain king when it comes to Christmas gifts thanks to the success of the smartphone, gaming consoles and associated products.
- Other gift trends that emerged include gift box subscriptions as well as various gadgets and appliances.
- For the meal, Christmas traditions are counterbalanced by the desire for a more simple celebration or anti-conformity: pizza, couscous etc. inspire the Twittersphere this year.
- Overall, the writing style and themes discussed in the corpus show us that Twitter has had an enormous success when it comes to the adolescent generation.
To know more, don’t hesitate to contact us or consult the complete study here (In French):